Posted on February - 17 - 2010 by admin
If I had to cancel my trip, will your trip cancellation plans give me back all the money I’d lose for my airfare, cruise, excursions & hotel costs with no questions asked? I guard my privacy and I won’t disclose personal information. Jamie
Jamie, If you want to protect your privacy, I suggest you do not get a travel insurance plan. Just self-insure so you can keep your personal details private.
If you do decide to get a trip cancellation travel insurance policy, you will be giving up your right to privacy. That’s because if you are asking an insurance company to pay a claim that could easily be tens of thousands of dollars (big medical claim, evacuation & trip interruption), you will have to disclose a lot of private information.
No insurance company is going to “take your word” and send you any money without substantiating proof.
For example, if you have a claim, the travel insurance company will want to know, at a minimum, this information:
- Your name, address and other contact information
– Were you able to travel when you bought the insurance?
– Did you buy it within the deadline?
– Did you insure your trip’s cost?
– Do you have proof you prepaid the trip & that you didn’t get a refund?
– Do you have other medical insurance?
– What were the exact circumstances that lead to your loss?
– Copies of your medical records relating to your claim Attending Physicians Statements.
In addition, there are a lot more pieces of information you may have to supply.
As you can see, it’s a trade-off. If you want to prevent a potential loss of tens of thousands of dollars, you will have to give up your private information.
I hope this makes sense. If not, call us at 1-888-407-3854 and we’ll help you figure it all out.
Technorati Tags: travel, travel insurance, trip insurance, cruise, cruises, cruise insurance, trip cancellation, claim
Now, a word from our sponsor: TripInsuranceStore.com (the Most Exclusive, Informative & Friendliest Travel Insurance Comparison Site)
- Save your time & money with 5 pre-screened companies (you don’t need 100+ travel or cruise insurance plans).
- You get personalized service from Steve, Deanna, Becky, Teresa or Mary at 1-888-407-3854 (US, Canada). Or email.
- Do you want a relationship with your travel insurance supplier? If so, you’ll fit right in. If you’d rather not get to know us, you’ll still find everything you need to get the right travel insurance plan.
- Get side-by-side plan & price comparisons
- You get our exclusive Smile of Satisfaction Money Back Guarantee
TripInsuranceStore.com is easy to use